La Primavera Belfast | The House of Peroni arrives at St Anne’s Square
The sights, sounds and scents of springtime in Italy are set to take over the heart of Belfast this April, as St. Anne’s Square becomes home to The House of Peroni Presents: La Primavera Belfast from Thursday, 5th April, to Saturday, 7th April 2018. A celebration of the start of spring and the season’s new bounty, including the famous Italian citrus fruits, La Primavera is marked in Italy with food festivals, which take place during ‘Festa della Primavera’.
Peroni Nastro Azzurro brings La Primavera to Belfast for the very first time with a three-day pop-up market that’s open to the public, offering visitors the chance to sample the flavour and savour the aromas of the Italian springtime.
Food al Fresco
Some of Belfast’s finest Italian eateries will unveil delicious seasonal offerings at the market, which can be eaten al fresco at the market in St. Anne’s Square or taken home to share with family and friends.
The Chubby Cherub, a family run establishment, will offer genuine, traditional Italian street food, known as Strada Cibo. A hidden jewel in Belfast, The Chubby Cherub serves everything from delicious Italian Cicchetti (or tapas) to an Italian afternoon tea!
- Venetian Pollo Italiano (£6) – thin tenderised chicken coated in citrus, thyme and rosemary bread crumbs, served with pesto and sun blushed tomato tapenade
- Arancini (£6) – four cheese risotto balls served with a hot four cheese sauc
The local ingredients for each dish are supplied by Crosskeys and Draynes Farm.
Belfast Woodfire Pizza Company will bring its authentic wood-fired pizza to the pop-up market. All the Belfast Woodfire artisan pizzas are created using a bread dough base, which is made with the finest quality Italian flour and slow fermented to develop a more complex depth of flavour.
- Queen Margherita (£7) – 10-inch wood-fired pizza base, smothered in vine-ripened tomato sauce, and topped with mozzarella and fresh basil
- The Amalfi (£7.50) – this pizza includes Five Mile Town goats cheese, new season asparagus, red onion chutney, rocket and lemon oil
- Peroni Pepperoni (£7.50) – 10-inch wood-fired pizza base, smothered in vine-ripened tomato sauce, and topped with artisan pepperoni and fresh mozzarella cheese
- Porketta (£8) – pizza based topped with charcoal pork shoulder, Korean barbeque sauce, pickled chili and radish and coriander cress
- The Maximo (£8.50) – a delicious wood-fired pizza base with Parma ham, sun blushed tomatoes, wild garlic and basil pesto and wild rocket and Parmesan
Coppi, one of Belfast’s eatery treasures, will serve up a delicious selection of Italian breads and fresh handmade pastas. The dishes come courtesy of executive chef at Coppi, Jonny Philips, who has a distinct passion, enthusiasm and skill for rustic Italian cookery.
- Peter Hannan’s spiced pork and fennel sausage ragu served with Bucatini and fresh basil and parmesan (£6)
- Guanciale and chicken carbonara served with fresh Tagliatelle and parmesan (£6.00)
- Goats cheese and spinach Ravolini ‘’Primavera’’ topped with smoked tomato pesto (£6.00)
Special Peroni Mix
Peroni Nastro Azzurro global brand ambassador, Federico Riezzo, teamed up with local mixologist, Roisin McEarlean of The Tipsy Bird, to design a special Peroni infusion to celebrate La Primavera Belfast, which will be served at the bar. Roisin’sPeroni Primavera is made with 50ml Peroni Nastro Azzurro, 35ml Pinot Grigio, 20ml Chambord, 15ml of lemon juice and 1 egg white. It’s garnished with fresh lemon peel and will be available to enjoy at the event.
Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Peroni Gluten Free and Peroni Ambra will be served to accompany the food on offer, as well as Peroni-infused drinks, inspired by Italian citrus, created by global brand ambassador, Federico Riezzo (pictured).
The House of Peroni Presents: La Primavera takes place at St. Anne’s Square in Belfast city centre from Thursday, 5th April to Saturday, 7th April. Entry is free, and on a first come, first served basis. Over 18s only.
For more information, follow Peroni Ireland on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or visit www.thehouseofperoni.com.