So this is my take on the ultimate steak sandwich. The folks at Sauceworks kindly sent me some samples of their sauces so I used their pepper sauce in this recipe.
You will need everything below: fillet steak, grated mature cheddar, red onion, vine tomatoes, pepper sauce, salt & ground pepper, ciabatta bread, butter & garlic paste.
Apart from the sauce all these ingredients are from Tesco.
How to Make
- Pre heat the oven to 200 – 220 C.
- Prep the steak. Slice into the side of the fillet and stuff with the grated cheddar. Score the meat and season with salt & black pepper.
- Heat some spray oil in a pan and fry the meat, cooking for w-3 mins each side
- Add the sliced onion and vine tomatoes halved.
- Cook for a further minute or two them spoon in the pepper sauce coating everything well and then add a little extra if you wish.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Time to crack open a beer!.. Seriously, do! I did!
- Prep your ciabatta. Butter and add a dollop of crushed garlic to both bits. The more you like garlic, the more you add!
- When you remove the steak from the oven, put the ciabatta in. Rest the meat for 5-10 mins while the ciabatta heats going nice and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the ciabatta, slice the steak and place on the bottom half.
- Spoon on the mixture from the pan (use an oven glove as the pan will still be very hot).
- Pop on the top of your ciabatta bun and devour.
“I grew up and live in Belfast, Northern Ireland. On my blog, I share with you my huge passion for Northern Ireland food and drink, along with the odd ramble about anything else that happened to come to mind!”