Right, time for a wee recipe on the blog. The lovely folks at Sauce Works in Crossgar sent me some samples of their sauces. A few cooking sauces, original mayo and the gorgeous taco mayo.
Feeling inspired, I wanted to get cooking straight away. Unfortunately our food shop happens at the weekend, so I rummaged together what I could and made this little dish.
How to Make
– Scrub and cut the potatoes into medium/large chunks and boil in salted water until soft.
– Whilst the potatoes are cooking, slice the pepper, peel and roughly cut the onion and roast in the oven.
– Drain the cooked spuds and allow to cool slightly while you heat a little oil in a pan.
– Fry the potatos for a few minutes stirring often, add the pepper, onion, chilli flakes, and jalapeños and fry for a further few minutes, again, stir regularly.
– Heat the mixture through and dish out. Serve with fried eggs.